This company overvalued the replacement cost of our home by sixty percent. I argued with them about it when we started the policy in 2008, but they claimed it was correct. I am in New Orleans and in the aftermath of Katrina, very few companies were writing here. So I went with it.

This year they upped my premiums by $3000 and put a $25,000 wind/hail deductible on my policy.

When I called them this year, they told me that they had made an error and actually my policy should have dropped $3000. They had been charging me sixty percent more than they should have for the whole period I have been insured with them. That works out to $30,000. They admit the error, but said I should have "caught" it at the beginning. Well, I did but they lied about it.

This company truly has no integrity or customer service feeling at all. Stay away.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of insurance policy and associated monetary loss in the amount of $3000. Homesite Insurance needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned insurance policy in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Homesite Insurance.

Had an Experience with Homesite Insurance?

Comments

Reston, Virginia, United States #994753

THis is typical of Homesite, which is why we are suing them. Please let me know if you are willing to talk to us about your experiences relating to a class action lawsuit we filed for this consumer fraud. Write me at scott@scottblochlaw.com